Friday, May 13, 2011

Cheesecake Cheeseball

Okay, I'm addicted! I absolutely LOVE this treat! (Maybe its because I got the recipe from one of my favorite people and it makes me think of her....or maybe its because this recipe is to die for!) I take it places all the time as an appetizer and it always gets rave reviews. Years ago (wow, that makes me sound OLD!) I used to make it as the recipe calls for and would roll it into a ball and refrigerate it. (Much more like a traditional cheeseball...) But that was when I could easily find graham cracker sticks...but I don't think they are made anymore...So...two, maybe three options. Follow the recipe exactly and serve with Scooby Snacks. I will warn you though that you will get harassed for serving doggy treats. Or...just mix all the ingredients together right before its needed and serve at room temperature (like pictured) with graham crackers, broken into pieces. (If you try to use regular graham crackers with the original recipe, they just break and are hard for people to "dip." )The third option, which isn't my favorite but doable, is to serve with animal crackers.

Cheesecake Cheeseball
Nicole Steiner

1 (8oz) cream cheese
1 cube butter
(Let sit out to soften for a few hours...)

3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
A handful (or three!) of mini chocolate chips...(I like the chocolate chips throughout...It is up to you how many you want, if any...)

Refrigerate 3-4 hours. Remove from fridge, roll into a ball, roll in mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts (I like pecans or walnuts). Re-refrigerate for a few hours just to hold shape. Serve with graham cracker sticks.

1 comment:

  1. I was just going to send you an email to ask for this recipe, but I thought I would check your blog first. This was delicious! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete