Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baked Apple Dessert

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we are in love with picking our own apples lately. The orchards are fun and the apples are delicious! We are especially loving Zestar and Honeycrisp. But when I have fresh delicious apples in the house I have a problem. I CRAVE baked apple dessert. Its kind of apple crisp-ish except soft which in my opinion is SO MUCH BETTER. This is a childhood favorite. I love, love, love it. We may or may not have made it twice this week. And bonus, it makes a to die for breakfast. Leftovers are totally husband approved. 


Baked Apple Dessert

6 cups apples, peel and dice
Spread them in a 9X13 pan

Cover with: 
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
(Note: I always double the sugar mixture. I love it gooey.)

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Top with one of the following:
whipped cream (again, the REAL thing...no fake stuff. ;) ), vanilla ice cream or a little half & half


No comments:

Post a Comment