Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chicken Chinese Salad

So, just factoring the cost of groceries, it is super nice to be able to buy one item and use it in 2 recipes. My sister and I do this when it comes to buying cabbage. Let me demonstrate. We use half of the cabbage in the Chicken Chinese Salad recipe, and then use the other half in this recipe. The best part is, that they are 2 totally different tastes.



Chicken Chinese Salad

2 chicken breasts - cooked and diced
1/2 head of cabbage - chopped
1 pkg. Top Ramon

Dressing:
1/4 c. salad oil
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 seasoning packet from Top Ramon

Crush Top Ramon noodles and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 until lightly browned (approx. 10 min.) Cool.

Combine chopped cabbage, cooked, diced chicken, and cooled noodles.

Mix thoroughly or shake together ingredients for dressing. Pour over cabbage, chicken, noodle mixture and toss.

Side notes:
*Easy to double if needed.
*I cut up all the cabbage in one day and save half for the other recipe, so I don't have to chop it twice.
*My husband's favorite thing is the crunchy Ramon noodles. I do an extra package of the noodles and put them in a bowl so we can add them to our liking at the dinner table.
*Other bonus: my kids LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment