Just the thought of this deliciousness makes my mouth water! I love fun kinds of popcorn and this is my most recent fave! It's super easy but looks like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove...For my kids' school teachers as an end of year "thank you," I put the popcorn in some cute little star glass candy dishes (dollar store!), wrapped them in cellophane with a cute ribbon and off they went! This is definitely a recipe I will try to keep the ingredients for on-hand. Perfect for a family movie night or drop-in guests!Cinnamon Bun Caramel Popcorn
Kate Jones and Sara Wells
12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup un-popped kernals, popped)
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup real butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup (honey makes a good substitution)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 squares almond bark
Note: You can also used microwave popcorn instead. If you choose this option, look for one that is a natural flavor, low in butter and salt.
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a 2 quart capacity microwave safe bowl. Mix well. Chop the butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over everything. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 more minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. The mixture will foam and rise. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and pecans and stir until everything is coated.
5. Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from oven and spread mixture out on a large piece of parchment, wax paper, or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Melt the almond bark according to package directions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. When the almond bark is hardened and popcorn is cool, break into chunks and enjoy!