This is one of my favorite breakfasts. I am a sucker for anything sweet. It can also be a wonderful dessert if you are having a few friends over.
Berries N' Cream French Toast
1 package Texas Toast bread
1 pint whipping cream
berries (I prefer fresh strawberries or raspberries or you can use frozen raspberries...)
panckake mix (like Bisquick)
1. Make pancake batter according to directions on the box. (Some are "Just add water" and others need some oil, milk and eggs...)
2. Heat an electric frying pan to 350 with vegetable oil in the bottom. (You can also use a frying pan on the stovetop set at medium high.)
3. Dip slices of Texas Toast into batter, covering completely.
4. Cook battered bread in the oil until golden brown, flip over and cook the other side (approx 2 minutes.) Remove from heat. They should look something like this:5. Whip and sweeten cream with sugar and vanilla.
6. Cut and smash berries into a lumpy sauce. I add a little sugar to strawberries...