Monday, April 4, 2011

Clam Chowder

I recently hosted a luncheon for my friend Jen who is expecting her 5th child. We decided on cold cuts and soup with a variety of desserts. I was in charge of the soup, two desserts and drinks (all of which will be posted in sequence...) It had been a particularly busy week including time in my preschooler's classroom, hosting playgroup, trying to make St. Patty's Day magical for the kids and getting all things ready (cleaning the house, laundry, grocery shopping, packing etc...) for grandma to come while the hubs and I ran away to the beach for a week...Anyhow, I was running a little behind (okay a lot behind....thank you Lisa for coming to my rescue!) and had not even started the soup when guests were arriving...(Are you panicking?? Lisa (the co-host) silently was!) The good news is in no time flat, this super yummy clam chowder was ready and the party could begin...It's that easy! The bad news is I didn't take any pictures...

Clam Chowder


(Note: I always double the recipe for my family of 5)


2 Tbsp. Butter

2 Tbsp. Minced onion

1 can (10 oz) Campbell’s Cream of Potato Soup

10 oz Half and Half

1 can Minced Clams

Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute onion in butter. Add potato soup, half & half and juice from clams. Thicken with 3 Tbsp. Flour mixed with a little milk. Simmer 5 minutes. Add clams and heat.

CAUTION: Never boil or simmer after clams have been added.

No comments:

Post a Comment