Monday, April 4, 2011

Best Chocolate Cupcakes

I'm a sucker for cream cheese...sweet, savory, on a bagel, in an enchilada...I LOVE CC! So it was no surprise when I fell in love with these cream cheese-filled chocolate cupcakes...I mean really, how could you go wrong? I made them a few months ago for a friend's birthday and they were a huge success. But then Courtni (who'd given me the recipe in the first place...) told me she'd tried them in the mini version...ahhh! I love minis! Calories don't count when they're little...;) And so I whipped them up for the shower. Um...to die for!
Best Chocolate Cupcakes
(Donna Hendricks)

Filling-
Blend:
1 8 oz cream cheese (softened)

1 egg
1/3 c. sugar

1/8 tsp. salt

Stir in: 6 oz chocolate chips

Set aside.


Cupcakes-



2 c. water

2/3 c. oil

2 Tbsp vinegar

2 tsp. vanilla

3 c. flour

1/2 c. cocoa powder

2 tsp. soda

2 c. sugar
Mix liquids in one bowl and dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then mix together until batter is lump free.
Preheat oven to 350. Fill each cup (in muffin tin) 3/4 of the way with batter. Add 1 Tbsp. cream cheese filling on top.
Bake 25-30 minutes. Yields 2 dozen
(For the minis, bake them 12 minutes and check)

**They are not pretty when they come out of the oven, so frosting them is a must! **



Frosting- (Wilton Chocolate Buttercream)
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup cocoa or three 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk

To decorate: Pipe frosting starting from the outside working your way into the center with Wilton tip 22 or 1M. Add sprinkles. I like jimmies.

1 comment: