Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Basket Cupcakes


These have been a tradition in my home since I was a little girl. Being a spring baby, my mom always made these for me on my birthday. Even when I was living away from home (but in the same city for college...) I came out to find them on the front seat of my car...Yes, my mom is AWESOME and so THOUGHTFUL. You can use any kind of cupcake....these were just a boxed mix. I prefer a white with pudding so they're light and fluffy. I do however have strong opinions about frosting...For me, it MUST be HOMEMADE. This is the recipe I used for these. I also use this frosting for sugar cookies.

Frosting

4 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cube softened margarine
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
food coloring

Add little bits of milk or canned milk. Whip or stir.
To put the cupcakes together (Layers from bottom to top:)
1-cupcakes
2-green frosting
3-"grass" (mix coconut with green food coloring...)
4-"eggs" (jelly beans)
5-handle (construction paper cut in strips and edges cut to a point)
Stick each end of the handle down into the cupcake. They are NOT sturdy however, so don't try to hold them by the handle...

No comments:

Post a Comment