Monday, April 11, 2011

Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Cupcakes

I'm usually not THAT big of a fan when it comes to lemon desserts. I kinda have to be in the mood. So, when I was looking for a dessert to make a friend, I decided to make lemon cupcakes because I knew I wouldn't need to snitch...and I was in "trying to look good in a swimming suit" mode. I whipped these up...made from a box. Not a temptation...UNTIL...I made the frosting. Uh...let's just say I didn't stop at one or two or three for that matter...and I decided that these may be the best mini cupcakes...EVER! They absolutely melt in your mouth and are super easy to throw together.

Lemon Sunshine Cupcakes

1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon cake mix
Follow directions on package and make into mini cupcakes...It makes A LOT. I ended up with probably 3 dozen minis and then made close to a dozen regular size.

When cool, frost. I like to pipe the frosting with a 1M or 22 Wilton tip.

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon extract
yellow color gel or food coloring



No comments:

Post a Comment