Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zippy Barbecued Chicken

This is personally one of my all-time favorites. Whereas my husband would go for a boneless, skinless piece of chicken, I'm a girl who loves the flavor that the skin and bones add...I have tried this recipe with both...and I don't think it is worth making with boneless/skinless...This is perfect for drumsticks and thighs in particular.
Zippy Barbecued Chicken
Bunni Miller

1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion (0r 1 1/2 tsp minced)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix and pour over chicken. (I buy a large package, enough to fit in a 9X13 pan.) Cook 8 hours in crock pot or at 350 in the oven for 1 1/4 hours (turning over and basting after 45 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment